Wednesday, April 6
Tuesday, April 5
New to the link up? Click here to read the story behind our link-up!
1. How do you stay motivated?
I am a list maker. I make lists for everything, even mundane things that seem pointless to be on a list. The act of prioritizing tasks and crossing them off when there are completed helps me stay motivated.
2. What's your favorite "cheat day" food?
Well I have never dieted, ever in my life, and even though I am skinny I do love food. Some of my favorites to binge on are pizza, burritos and tacos. I also have a slight addiction to cereal!
3. What's one thing you do for your mental health?
Take my meds? Unfortunately for me taking my medication daily is one thing that I do every day for my mental health. I also like to meditate in the morning when I first wake. While I am still in bed, I will take a moment to visualize my day and how I am going to solve any road blocks. I also like to focus on positive things, you can read about how, here.
4. How do you relax?
I like to relax by taking a really hot shower or by just straight chillin' on the couch watching a movie.
Monday, April 4
I love music. Music has been a major influence in my life since I was 14 and discovered the punk music scene. Music has also been a major influence on my personal style. I like expensive things and I love getting dressed up in my designer dresses and stilettos but on most days you will find me in band t-shirts and jeans.
Almost everyone I know has either been in a touring band or has worked with a touring band at some point, including my husband and myself. Being friends with bands means that I have acquired a massive t-shirt collection. Unfortunately, most bands print on standard shirts in men's sizes which can be fairly unattractive, so I began to cut them up in an effort to make them fit me and my style.
Last week my best friends band, Brick By Brick was in town on tour and they hooked me up with some fresh shirts so grab some scissors and grab and a shirt of your own and follow along with this easy no-sew razor back tee tutorial.
What you will need:
** PRO TIP: I have found that a shirt a size bigger than what you wear works the best.
Some good scissors
Friday, April 1
Thursday, March 31
Oh, I probably should have clarified that. 20 things you probably didn't know about me! If you are a regular around here, then you know that I absolutely love getting to know my readers and for my readers to connect with me. Since things have been sort of serious around these parts I thought it would be kind of fun and light-hearted to give you 20 facts about me!
- I am left-handed.
- I was a vegetarian for almost 10 years, but started eating meat to relieve my anxiety disorder.
- I could never go vegan because I couldn't give up cheese, but I love animals and support animal rights.
- I drive a Prius, which makes me feel like I am a better person.
- I am a total Apple/Mac snob. I can't help it; I'm a graphic designer.
- My husband and I got married in all black and my wedding rings are sapphires because I think diamonds are boring.
- My husband and I met at a music video shoot for our mutual friends' band (psst... they are playing Warped Tour this year.)
- I am addicted to Coca-Cola, and I prefer soda to coffee, but I will still drown myself in coffee if necessary!
- I haven't named any of my pets. Since they've all been rescues, I kept their names. Which is probably a good thing because Buddy would have ended up being Prince Happy Fluffy-Butt Holt!
- I am really bad at math and I still use my fingers. Thanks mediocre public school!
- I change my hair color once every few weeks. I'm currently in a green phase.
- I've watched the entire series of "LOST" at least 6 times. Every time I watch it, the story makes a little more sense. I also think it was one of the best TV shows ever made, second only to the almighty "Breaking Bad."
- Speaking of "Breaking Bad," I binge-watched the entire series in 5 days.
- I'm addicted to bad reality TV, and I want to be famous only to go on "Watch What Happens Live!"
- I don't listen to music when I drive; the radio is either off or on AM talk radio.
- I love to read, and my favorite book was Pearl S. Buck's "The Good Earth," until I read James Frey's "Bright Shiny Morning." I have read it cover-to-cover 6 times.
- I love baseball and usually know more stats and watch more games than most of my guy friends. Go A's!! ;)
- My husband surprised me once with the MLB Network and it was one of the best presents I have ever received. (I watched almost every single game that season!!)
- I desperately want to buy a house because I've never felt settled in my adult life. I have moved 21 times since leaving the nest.
- I found it pretty hard to come up with 20 random things about myself.
I would love to know some random facts about you; leave a few the comments!
Wednesday, March 30
Tuesday, March 29
Want to know the story behind our link up?
Click here, for a peek behind the scenes
Hello and welcome back! Happy Monday to you all and I hope each of you had a great weekend and a very blessed Easter. It's time for another installment of It's All About Me Link-Up Party with my blogging bestie. Since Easter just passed we are going to spring into this weeks questions with some questions all about the season.
Snag the Badge: Everything is better with friends, so snag the badge to let your friends know you are partying with us.
What was in your Easter basket this year?
What was in your Easter basket this year?
How do you celebrate Easter?
Easter is just another day to get brunch!
If you could go anywhere for spring break where would it be?
I'm a beach bunny so some place tropical... like Key West, FL or Costa Rica would be nice.
Whats the weather like where you are right now?
Its been warm and windy... gotta love that California weather.
What's one goal you have for April?
I have a few goals for April...
- Post at least 25 blog posts
- Grow by blog readership by 20%... if you like my blog, please subscribe :)
- Grow Onyx+Ava by 20%
- Have a better work/life balance.
There you have it... Thanks for joining us this week! Don't forget to join in the fun, follow the rules, snap the badge and make some new friends. Starting new week we are linking Tuesday at Midnight.
Next weeks questions:
How do you stay motivated?
What is your favorite "cheat day" food?
What's one thing you do for your mental health?
How do you relax?
How would you spend your ideal lazy Sunday?
Want to submit some questions? Email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org. Join me tomorrow where I will be talking about self image. Have a great week! Thanks for stopping by.