Tuesday, February 23

What's in a name?


Probably one of the hardest things about starting any sort of new project is coming up with a great name. Do you want to be cutesy? Uber professional? Maybe conceptual? Or Perhaps fusing two words together would do the trick?

How do you choose? And what makes a good name? I'm not sure. All I know is that when I see a bad name, I quickly recognize that they should have gone with something else.

Once I decided that I wanted to blog, I had to call it something. Something that was reflective of me. Something that told the story I wanted to tell. By now you might be wondering how I decided on Tiny Forest and what the story is behind it.

One of the special things that happens when you tie the knot is you get to take your spouses name. To me this symbolizes becoming a family and two people becoming one. Well, our sur name literally means "small wooded area."

When I was brainstorming, I knew I wanted to include something with our name. So I pondered that. I began to think about the forests that I had been to. What made hiking through them so awe inspiring? I realized that no matter how small the forest, when you are in the midst of the trees, it feels very grand. Magical. Powerful even.

I concluded that while I might be small in comparison to the blogosphere, I can still leave an impression on those that visit here. Much like the forest leaves on its visitors. That is what I want this blog to embody.

So there you have it, this blog is part who I am, and part who I want to be. Welcome to my tiny forest. I hope you discover something magical while you are here!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...