Tuesday, March 1

Fashion Police

I don't know about you but I love the Oscars. I am not really a fan of going to the movies so there are a lot of movies that I don't see until they hit Showtime or Netflix. I am also not a fan of award shows, mostly because they usually bore me, the hosts are usually not funny or interesting and I end up just walking away from the TV to do something more productive. The Oscars are the one exception to the aforementioned. 

Sadly, I didn't see a single one of the films nominated this year, but I watched it because its the best fashion show of the year. I love everything about the Oscars red carpet. The glitz. The glamour. The anticipation of what my favorite stars will be wearing. 

Many of the styles/colors/looks that we see grace the red carpet are things we see as full blown trends throughout the year. And fashion just speaks to me. Since I like to watch E!'s Fashion Police and pretend that I am on the show, I thought it would be fun to weigh in with my picks for best and worst dressed. 

From left to right: Alicia Vikander in custom Louis Vuitton -- I love Alicia so this look was particularly heartbreaking for me. She looks like she is wearing a fancy comforter or duvet cover. I hated everything about it, from the color, to the sequence, to the shoes. For me, it was a fashion flop. 

Heidi Klum in Marchesa -- I would like to think that Heidi Klum would look fabulous in anything that she wears. This dress proves that theory wrong. I don't even know where to start with this dress. I hate it. I hate everything about it. It literally looks like she found some fabric and wrapped herself up in it. 

Olivia Wilde in Valentino Haute Couture -- Also another dressed that I just hate. First it reminds me of mini blinds. I don't like anything about this look, from the neckline to the odd choker. The color mixed with the hair and makeup completely washed her out. For me this was another total fashion flop. 

Last but not least, Whoopi Goldberg in The Danes -- The material looks cheap, the sleeves look awkward and the dress just looks ill fitting. I thought this look was dreadful. 

From left to right: Jennifer Lawrence in Dior -- I haven't been a fan of most of Jen's red carpet looks in the past, but I love everything about this dress. It is stunning! The fit is beautiful, its age appropriate and hip. 

Charlize Theron in custom Christian Dior --  I don't think she has ever looked better! The color is gorgeous, the cut is perfect, I love the accessories, from hair and makeup to accessories and shoes this dress stole the show for me! 

Cate Blanchett in Armani PrivĂ© -- While I am not particularly a fan of the color, she wore it beautifully and this dress is absolutely stunning. 

Margot Robbie in Tom Ford -- I am in love with dress. She looks like a million bucks and this dress had me immediately searching the internet for how much it would set me back, because I definitely want it. 

What are your picks for best and worst dressed from this years Oscars?  

**All photos for this post were taken from Glamour 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...